Lebanon: Rockets prompt Israel response
Wednesday 30 November 2011
Rockets fired from Lebanon hit northern Israel yesterday in the first such incident since 2009, prompting the Israeli army to return fire. The shelling comes at a time of heightened tensions over Syria and Iran's nuclear programme.
Unifil, the UN peacekeeping force in Lebanon, said at least one rocket was fired at northern Israel. The Lebanese army said Israel launched four rockets in return. Two buildings in Israel's western Galilee area were damaged, Israeli media said.
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are an award-winning digit...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior VMware Platform En...
£10000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A distributor of specialist ele...
£17000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A distributor of specialist ele...