Mastermind of the Munich Olympic massacre dies at 73
Sunday 04 July 2010
Mohammed Oudeh, the main strategist of the 1972 Munich Olympics attack in which 11 Israeli athletes were killed, has died in Damascus aged 73.
Oudeh did not take part in the attack on 5 September 1972, but was instrumental in planning it. Two Israeli athletes were killed in the assault, and nine died in a botched rescue attempt by the German police. The attack led to a series of assassinations of Palestinian officials by Israel.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Scottish independence results live - The reunited kingdom: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Scottish independence: YouGov final prediction puts No campaign 8 points ahead - but Yes team remains optimistic
Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 1 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 2 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Cocaine and cannabis haul hidden in Vatican car seized by French police
£50 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you an SEN Teacher or L...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: English & Media Teacher - ...
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: Y1 Teacher required for a So...
Highly Competitive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - FINANCIAL SERVICES - Senior...