Mortar attack leaves six dead in Iraq
Monday 11 June 2012
Six people were killed and 38 others wounded after mortars were fired in a square in Baghdad yesterday, police said.
The attack took place in the Kadhimiya district, where pilgrims were gathering ahead of a religious festival to mark the anniversary of the death of the Shia Imam, Moussa al-Kadhim.
An interior ministry source said security forces had been put on high alert and that a tight security belt was in place around the area.
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...