Mortar attack leaves six dead in Iraq
Monday 11 June 2012
Six people were killed and 38 others wounded after mortars were fired in a square in Baghdad yesterday, police said.
The attack took place in the Kadhimiya district, where pilgrims were gathering ahead of a religious festival to mark the anniversary of the death of the Shia Imam, Moussa al-Kadhim.
An interior ministry source said security forces had been put on high alert and that a tight security belt was in place around the area.
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...