Netanyahu says Hamas clearly is still the enemy
Sunday 09 December 2012
Israel's Prime Minister said yesterday that comments by the leader of Hamas showed that the Palestinian militant group wanted to destroy Israel.
Benjamin Netanyahu, in his first reference to Khaled Meshaal's visit to the Gaza Strip, told his cabinet that a speech by Mr Meshaal on Saturday showed that Hamas was still an enemy to the Jewish state.
"They have no intention of compromising with us," Mr Netanyahu said. "They want to destroy our country, but they will obviously fail."
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...