Opponents of Egyptian military stage protest
Tuesday 19 June 2012
Opponents of an Egyptian military declaration seeking to curtail the
powers of the next president are to stage a mass demonstration in Cairo later today.
The Muslim Brotherhood, whose candidate Mohammed Morsi claimed victory in the presidential run-off, will join the protest with other political groups, according to campaigners.
Spokesmen for Mr Morsi said the protest is planned for Tahrir Square, birthplace of the uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak's regime 16 months ago.
The protest is also to denounce a court ruling that dissolved parliament, where the Brotherhood dominated with almost half the seats.
One of the main liberal youth groups behind the uprising, April 6, said it will also take part in the protest.
Hopes raised for treatment of severe amnesia after scientists retrieve lost memory – using light
Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
Poorest part of London is wealthier than the richest parts of Northern Ireland and Wales
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
How to live to be really old
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 3 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
£25000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's leading...
Flexible working, annual bonus, pension & more.: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the oppor...
Competitive salary & benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the opportunity? MBDA has e...
Competitive salary & benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the opportunity?MBDA has en...