Osama Bin Laden killing book angers US military
Thursday 06 September 2012
A book about the US raid that killed Osama bin Laden, written by a former Navy Seal who took part in the mission, contains classified information and the Pentagon is reviewing legal options, a Defence Department spokesman said.
The book's co-author denied the book contained any information which would jeopardise the safety or future missions of Navy special-forces personnel.
The book, No Easy Day, chronicles last year's operation in which members of US Navy Seal Team Six swooped by helicopter into the al-Qa'ida leader's house in Pakistan and killed him, ending a manhunt which began with the 11 September 2001 attacks on New York and Washington, DC.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
In pictures: Israel-Gaza conflict
- 1 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
£55000 Per Annum plus company car and bonus scheme: The Green Recruitment Comp...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Lead Hand - QCProgressive are recruiting...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Chemical Eng...
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Scheme Manager (BREEAM)...