Protesters stripped of Bahrain citizenship
Wednesday 07 November 2012
The government has revoked the citizenship of 31 men for damaging national security, amid an uprising led by the Shia majority.
They include the London-based dissidents Saeed al-Shehabi and Ali Mushaima, son of the jailed opposition leader Hassan Mushaima, as well as clerics and human rights lawyers, according to the Bahrain Youth Centre for Human Rights.
In April, Ali Mushaima scaled the roof of Bahrain’s embassy in London to publicise demands for greater democracy.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
In pictures: Israel-Gaza conflict
- 1 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
£55000 Per Annum plus company car and bonus scheme: The Green Recruitment Comp...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Lead Hand - QCProgressive are recruiting...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Chemical Eng...
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Scheme Manager (BREEAM)...