Russians join Arafat probe
Monday 12 November 2012
Russian experts will join a team of Swiss and French investigators who are to exhume the remains of late Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat, in Ramallah later this month, the Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas, said. He hopes, thanks to the Russian involvement, "new facts will arise or be known about the causes of death".
Mr Arafat's death in a French hospital in November 2004 has remained a mystery for many. The new investigation comes after a Swiss laboratory found traces of a deadly radioactive isotope on clothes said to be Mr Arafat's, sparking accusations that he was poisoned.
Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
How China's richest man Li Hejun lost $15bn in an hour - and made a fortune
Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...