Saudi Arabia condemns embassy storming in Syria
Sunday 13 November 2011
Saudi Arabia has condemned the storming of its embassy in Damascus following a vote by the Arab League to suspend Syria's membership over its deadly crackdown on opposition to President Bashar Assad's regime.
The state-run Saudi News Agency quoted an official source at Saudi Arabia's foreign ministry as saying that the kingdom strongly condemned the attack, and that Syrian authorities should shoulder the responsibility for the security and protection of Saudi interests and employees in Syria.
The agency had earlier reported that protesters in Damascus had stormed the embassy late Saturday after the Arab League vote. It said demonstrators broke windows and ransacked some areas within.
Other pro-regime demonstrators threw eggs and tomatoes at the Qatari embassy.
Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Jennifer Lawrence leaked 4Chan sex video branded 'fake' by forum users
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...
£90 - £115 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: We are currently looking fo...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Job Share Year 3/4 Teacher...