Saudi Arabia condemns embassy storming in Syria
Sunday 13 November 2011
Saudi Arabia has condemned the storming of its embassy in Damascus following a vote by the Arab League to suspend Syria's membership over its deadly crackdown on opposition to President Bashar Assad's regime.
The state-run Saudi News Agency quoted an official source at Saudi Arabia's foreign ministry as saying that the kingdom strongly condemned the attack, and that Syrian authorities should shoulder the responsibility for the security and protection of Saudi interests and employees in Syria.
The agency had earlier reported that protesters in Damascus had stormed the embassy late Saturday after the Arab League vote. It said demonstrators broke windows and ransacked some areas within.
Other pro-regime demonstrators threw eggs and tomatoes at the Qatari embassy.
Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
Mick Jagger denies being World Cup curse and reason for Brazil’s embarrassing defeat
Do you know this man? Amnesia sufferer found in park pleads for help in identifying who he is
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...