Seven die in bomb attack and shooting in Iraq
Saturday 29 June 2013
Seven people have been killed in two separate attacks in Sunni-majority areas of Iraq, officials said today.
Police said four people died and 12 others were injured when a bomb exploded in an outdoor market in the western Baghdad suburb of Abu Ghraib.
And attackers using guns fitted with silencers killed three off-duty policemen in a drive-by shooting near Fallujah, 40 miles west of the capital.
Health officials confirmed the casualties.
The new violence came a day after a series of deadly attacks that left 19 dead.
Violence has been on the rise in Iraq recently amid political and sectarian tension.
Kirstie Allsopp has waded into the female fertility debate again
Gillian Anderson lays into gender disparity in Hollywood
Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son
Jennifer Lawrence nude photos leak: More celebrities allegedly targeted as third wave of hacked images released
Cheryl Cole named 'the most dangerous celebrity' on the internet
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son
- < Previous
- Next >
£33000 - £34000 per annum: Randstad Education Group: Technology Teacher (Resis...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, 1st yr OTE £30-£40k : SThree:...
£45000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: My client are looking fo...