Seven die in bomb attack and shooting in Iraq
Saturday 29 June 2013
Seven people have been killed in two separate attacks in Sunni-majority areas of Iraq, officials said today.
Police said four people died and 12 others were injured when a bomb exploded in an outdoor market in the western Baghdad suburb of Abu Ghraib.
And attackers using guns fitted with silencers killed three off-duty policemen in a drive-by shooting near Fallujah, 40 miles west of the capital.
Health officials confirmed the casualties.
The new violence came a day after a series of deadly attacks that left 19 dead.
Violence has been on the rise in Iraq recently amid political and sectarian tension.
Oscar Pistorius was 'gun-toting', 'trigger-happy' and 'combustible' claims Reeva's mother
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 1 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 2 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...