Singer Margalit Tzanani accused of fixing TV vote
Tuesday 30 August 2011
Prosecutors accused a leading Israeli singer of trying to fix the vote while judging Israel's version of Pop Idol.
Margalit Tzanani is accused of conspiring with crime bosses to blackmail her manager. In return she allegedly advanced the gangsters' interests in the entertainment industry.
Documents issued yesterday accused her of voting for one contestant after a crime boss told her to do so by text message. Prosecutors says Ms Tzanani voted for another contestant after his relative – an acquaintance of a crime boss – called her from prison. AP
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Oscar Pistorius was 'gun-toting', 'trigger-happy' and 'combustible' claims Reeva's mother
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...