Spy suspect to be freed by Egypt
Tuesday 25 October 2011
A dual US-Israeli citizen imprisoned in Egypt on spy suspicions since June will be released soon, Israel announced yesterday.
A statement from the Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said Israel will release 25 Egyptian prisoners in exchange.
Ilan Grapel, 27, was arrested in Cairo on 12 June and has been held without charge since. Egypt's state TV confirmed that a deal was made and said the swap would be carried out on Thursday.
Israel and Mr Grapel's relatives in the US deny that he was a spy.
Israel-Gaza crisis: YouTube footage shows scale of destruction after 50 days of shelling
iPhone 6 'hidden code' could indicate sharper screens or bigger phones
Ebola virus: It's ripped through towns – now the deadliest ever outbreak of the virus is heading for Africa's teeming cities
Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence nude photo leak
A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 1 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence nude photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Isis terror threat: Leading British Muslims issue fatwa condemning terror group
£24000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Are you a Marketin...
£70000 - £75000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Katie Robinson +44 (...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare: Ashdown Group: IT Support Ana...
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: KS1 Teaching Specialist Leic...