Suicide bomber pushes Iraq death toll up to 41
Saturday 05 October 2013
Iraq's interior ministry spokesman says a suicide bomber has blown himself up among Shiite pilgrims in northern Baghdad, the deadliest in a series of attacks that have killed 41 people.
Interior Ministry spokesman Saad Maan says the bomber struck a pedestrian checkpoint for pilgrims in the largely Sunni neighborhood of Azamiyah. He says at least 56 people also were wounded in the attack.
Police and hospital officials also say a bomb exploded in the religiously mixed Baghdad neighborhood of Baiyaa, killing three people and wounding 13 wounded.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to journalists.
The bombings followed earlier attacks day that killed 21 other people.
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...