Suicide bombers kill 27 in double strike on Damascus
Sunday 18 March 2012
Twin suicide car bombs struck intelligence and security buildings in Damascus yesterday, killing at least 27 people and wounding 140, according to state media.
The government blamed opposition "terrorists", but the opposition suspect loyalist forces of planning the bombings to tarnish the uprising. US intelligence officials have pointed to al-Qa'ida in Iraq as the likely culprit behind previous bombings. Al-Qai'da's leader has called for the removal of Syria's president, Bashar al-Assad.
East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
£6 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join a gro...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Service Delivery Manager is required to join...
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A opportunity has arisen for a ...
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...