Syrian conflict 'close to a civil war'
Wednesday 09 May 2012
Security forces killed at least 10 people in fighting across Syria yesterday, activists said, as the Red Cross and Arab League warned that the conflict is becoming a civil war.
Clashes between state forces and rebels fighting to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad raged overnight and flared again yesterday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
A parliamentary election on Monday, which the government promoted as a reform but the opposition boycotted, failed to halt the carnage.
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£47,334 - £59,058 per annum: Coventry University: The Centre for Agroecology, ...