Syrian regime fires on funeral, say activists
Tuesday 15 May 2012
yrian activists say regime forces fired on a funeral procession in the presence of UN observers, causing many casualties.
The activists said the observers were not among the wounded today, but their vehicles were damaged.
A UN spokesman confirmed the observers were caught up in the country's violence on Tuesday and their cars sustained damage. But Ahmad Fawzi, a spokesman for special envoy Kofi Annan, had no other details.
An Idlib-based activist, Fadi al-Yassin, said he witnessed the attack on the funeral and saw that the observers were there.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, citing a network of sources on the ground, also reported the attack.
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...