Taxi drivers found in mass grave in Iraq
Tuesday 13 September 2011
A gang of car thieves is suspected of kidnapping and killing 40 taxi drivers and burying their bodies in a mass grave.
Three suspects were arrested in Iraq last week and told police how they carried out the crimes over two years to steal the cars, according to the New York Times.
One of the gang would go to the same garage in Baghdad and ask for a lift to Dujail, 35 miles to the north, where other members killed the driver in a rural spot and stole the car, the gang reportedly told police. The investigation began after drivers at the garage reported their colleagues missing.
The suspected ringleader was arrested in a cab on his way to Dujail, the newspaper said.
The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
Bono's group has made more money from Facebook investment than from all his music
Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told 'the non-Jews' are 'evil' in worksheet produced by London school
Wikipedia rocked by 'rogue editors' blackmail scam targeting small businesses and celebrities
More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
£40000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company has a n...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A works engineer is required in a progressive ...
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our client is seeking someone w...