Taxi drivers found in mass grave in Iraq
Tuesday 13 September 2011
A gang of car thieves is suspected of kidnapping and killing 40 taxi drivers and burying their bodies in a mass grave.
Three suspects were arrested in Iraq last week and told police how they carried out the crimes over two years to steal the cars, according to the New York Times.
One of the gang would go to the same garage in Baghdad and ask for a lift to Dujail, 35 miles to the north, where other members killed the driver in a rural spot and stole the car, the gang reportedly told police. The investigation began after drivers at the garage reported their colleagues missing.
The suspected ringleader was arrested in a cab on his way to Dujail, the newspaper said.
Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
Victoria Justice on naked photo leak: 'Let me nip this in the bud right now'
4Chan 'nude photo hacker' claims there are hundreds more celebrity images to be published
Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
Ariana Grande nude photos leak: 'These are completely fake' say singer's representatives
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organ...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glob...
£50 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you a Teaching Assistant...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: Randstad Education Ltd are seeking KS...