Text messages to warn public of missile attack in Israel
Monday 13 August 2012
Final tests are being made of a public warning system which would send a text message to Israelis in the event of an imminent missile attack by Iran or Lebanon's Hezbollah militia.
The tests coincided with front-page reports in two Israeli newspapers yesterday suggesting that Tehran had progressed towards assembling a nuclear warhead, citing officials in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government and leaked US intelligence. Iran says its nuclear ambitions are peaceful.
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
Fifa corruption arrests: How Chuck Blazer rinsed money from the beautiful game
Fifa corruption live: Uefa to consider pulling teams from Fifa tournaments if Blatter stays
Ukip MP Douglas Carswell says he felt his safety was 'seriously at risk' after he was surrounded by anti-austerity protesters
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
- 3 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 4 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
- 5 Paracetamol Challenge: Mother of girl killed by overdose pleads with teenagers not to take part
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: IT Support Technician is requir...
£20000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in the centre of Glasgow,...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Joinery Shop Foreman is required to join a p...