Three people killed and 21 injured in Iraq car blast
Monday 31 December 2012
Three people have been killed and 21 others injured by a car bomb blast south of Baghdad, Iraqi officials said today.
A police officer said the explosion took place in a busy street in the southern city of Hillah where local government offices are located.
He said some Shiite pilgrims were there making their way to the nearby city of Karbala to mark the 7th century death of the Prophet Mohammed's grandson, Imam Hussein. Hillah is about 60 miles (95km) south of Baghdad.
He did not say how many pilgrims were among the casualties. A doctor confirmed the casualty figures.
Shiite pilgrims are one of the favourite targets for Sunni extremists.
Israel-Gaza conflict: Israeli targeting policy under scrutiny after shellfire hits a mother and child, a school full of refugees and a doctor’s home
Iraq crisis: Isis orders Mosul shop keepers to cover mannequins
Comic Con 2014 attendees
Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A well-established software house ba...