Three people killed and 21 injured in Iraq car blast
Monday 31 December 2012
Three people have been killed and 21 others injured by a car bomb blast south of Baghdad, Iraqi officials said today.
A police officer said the explosion took place in a busy street in the southern city of Hillah where local government offices are located.
He said some Shiite pilgrims were there making their way to the nearby city of Karbala to mark the 7th century death of the Prophet Mohammed's grandson, Imam Hussein. Hillah is about 60 miles (95km) south of Baghdad.
He did not say how many pilgrims were among the casualties. A doctor confirmed the casualty figures.
Shiite pilgrims are one of the favourite targets for Sunni extremists.
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Oscar Pistorius was 'gun-toting', 'trigger-happy' and 'combustible' claims Reeva's mother
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...