Tribal fighters barricade Yemeni capital
Wednesday 25 May 2011
Fighters from Yemen's largest tribe clashed with government forces in the heart of Sanaa yesterday. The Hashid militiamen sealed off key buildings and barricaded streets as the revolt against President Ali Abdullah Saleh sharply escalated.
Outside the interior ministry, tribesmen and security forces traded fire with automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades, witnesses said. The tribal fighters appeared to consolidate their control of a key district. At least 12 people have been killed over two days.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...