Two British women killed in Jordan bus crash
Two Britons were killed when their bus overturned in Jordan, the Foreign Office confirmed today.
The women died with three Iraqi women while taking part in a UN-sponsored training course, according to local police.
Iraq's science and technology minister Raed Fahmi and 27 others were also injured in the accident yesterday near a tourist site close to the Dead Sea, police officer Lieutenant Colonel Mohammed Khatib said.
The Iraqi minister's injuries were "slight" and he is in stable condition in an Amman hospital, the officer added.
The bus is understood to have crashed as it drove along a narrow road in a hilly area overlooking the Dead Sea.
The FCO and the British Embassy in Amman confirmed the deaths, but declined to give other details.
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: Exeter - An excellent opportunity for a Solici...
£17000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Helpdesk Support Technician - 12 ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: Maintenance...
£30000 - £38000 per annum + pesion + holidays: The Jenrick Group: World Wide S...