Two car bombs in Baghdad kill ten
Sunday 19 September 2010
A car bomb near an office of Iraq's National Security Ministry and another near a popular restaurant killed at least 10 people in the Iraqi capital today and wounded dozens, security sources said.
A police source said eight people were killed and 34 wounded in Aden square in the northwestern district of Kadhimiya, which is usually crowded with minibuses and lies near a National Security Ministry building.
Two people were killed and eight wounded in a blast in the western district of Mansour near the Zarzour kebab restaurant, the source said. An Interior Ministry source put the death tolls at nine and three respectively, with a total of 48 wounded.
President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 3 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 4 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
- 5 Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Manager is required ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Panel Wireman required for small electro...
£25000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SME based in East Cheshire, ...