Two car bombs in Baghdad kill ten
Sunday 19 September 2010
A car bomb near an office of Iraq's National Security Ministry and another near a popular restaurant killed at least 10 people in the Iraqi capital today and wounded dozens, security sources said.
A police source said eight people were killed and 34 wounded in Aden square in the northwestern district of Kadhimiya, which is usually crowded with minibuses and lies near a National Security Ministry building.
Two people were killed and eight wounded in a blast in the western district of Mansour near the Zarzour kebab restaurant, the source said. An Interior Ministry source put the death tolls at nine and three respectively, with a total of 48 wounded.
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...