UN plea over 'chemical attack' in Syria
Wednesday 20 March 2013
Damascus has asked the United Nations Secretary-General to appoint an independent technical mission to investigate an alleged chemical weapons attack by rebels in the country’s north.
Rebel spokesmen denied the government claim and blamed regime forces for Tuesday’s missile attack on Khan al-Assad, a village in northern Aleppo province.
Syria’s ambassador to the UN, Bashar Ja’afari, told reporters that he had asked Ban Ki-moon “to form a specialised, independent and neutral technical mission” to investigate the attack.
The US ambassador to Syria said that the Obama administration had no evidence that chemical weapons had been used.
Hopes raised for treatment of severe amnesia after scientists retrieve lost memory – using light
Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
Poorest part of London is wealthier than the richest parts of Northern Ireland and Wales
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Gay teenager's yearbook quote mocks the gender pay gap perfectly
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 5 Man jumps into bear pen at zoo, fights bear and loses
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This publishing company based i...