UN plea over 'chemical attack' in Syria
Wednesday 20 March 2013
Damascus has asked the United Nations Secretary-General to appoint an independent technical mission to investigate an alleged chemical weapons attack by rebels in the country’s north.
Rebel spokesmen denied the government claim and blamed regime forces for Tuesday’s missile attack on Khan al-Assad, a village in northern Aleppo province.
Syria’s ambassador to the UN, Bashar Ja’afari, told reporters that he had asked Ban Ki-moon “to form a specialised, independent and neutral technical mission” to investigate the attack.
The US ambassador to Syria said that the Obama administration had no evidence that chemical weapons had been used.
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...