UN plea over 'chemical attack' in Syria
Wednesday 20 March 2013
Damascus has asked the United Nations Secretary-General to appoint an independent technical mission to investigate an alleged chemical weapons attack by rebels in the country’s north.
Rebel spokesmen denied the government claim and blamed regime forces for Tuesday’s missile attack on Khan al-Assad, a village in northern Aleppo province.
Syria’s ambassador to the UN, Bashar Ja’afari, told reporters that he had asked Ban Ki-moon “to form a specialised, independent and neutral technical mission” to investigate the attack.
The US ambassador to Syria said that the Obama administration had no evidence that chemical weapons had been used.
Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook CEO's one simple test for who to hire
Bali nine: Welcome to 'Execution Island' – the Indonesian holiday resort where foreigners are sent to die
'A girl is more responsible for rape than a boy': The statement that shocked the world... except India
The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
Saudi Arabia executions now at 'unprecedented rate' after kingdom kills four more in two days
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 Bali nine: Welcome to 'Execution Island' – the Indonesian holiday resort where foreigners are sent to die
- 4 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are an award-winning digit...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior VMware Platform En...
£10000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A distributor of specialist ele...
£17000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A distributor of specialist ele...