US sends second carrier to Gulf
Tuesday 10 April 2012
The United States Navy has deployed a second aircraft carrier to the Gulf region amid rising tensions with Iran over its nuclear programme.
The deployment of the nuclear-powered USS Enterprise marks the fourth time in the past decade that the US has had two aircraft carriers operating at the same time in the area.
The warships patrol the Gulf's strategic oil routes that Iran has threatened to block in retaliation for economic sanctions.
'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
Duchess of Alba dead: Billionaire Spanish duchess who lived life by her own rules, dies at 88
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Mike Nichols dead: The Graduate director dies suddenly following cardiac arrest
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Winnie the Pooh banned from Polish playground for being 'inappropriate hermaphrodite'
£8 - £12 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To assist a young family with the care ...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Argyll Scott International: My client, a world lead...
Negotiable: Argyll Scott International: My client, a world leading services pr...