US sends second carrier to Gulf
Tuesday 10 April 2012
The United States Navy has deployed a second aircraft carrier to the Gulf region amid rising tensions with Iran over its nuclear programme.
The deployment of the nuclear-powered USS Enterprise marks the fourth time in the past decade that the US has had two aircraft carriers operating at the same time in the area.
The warships patrol the Gulf's strategic oil routes that Iran has threatened to block in retaliation for economic sanctions.
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...