US sends second carrier to Gulf
Tuesday 10 April 2012
The United States Navy has deployed a second aircraft carrier to the Gulf region amid rising tensions with Iran over its nuclear programme.
The deployment of the nuclear-powered USS Enterprise marks the fourth time in the past decade that the US has had two aircraft carriers operating at the same time in the area.
The warships patrol the Gulf's strategic oil routes that Iran has threatened to block in retaliation for economic sanctions.
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...