Virgin berated for plugging Hitler's book
Virgin Megastore has come under fire after one of its Qatar stores promoted an Arabic version of Hitler's Mein Kampf as one of its recommended reads.
The shop in Doha removed the book from its "Virgin Recommends" shelf after an expatriate, Charles Gandelman, circulated a photo of the display on Twitter. "I have seen this book on sale before but to have it in the recommended section of an international British brand associated with Richard Branson is surprising," he told The National paper.
"As soon as we found out last week, we contacted the local management and asked them to remove the books from under the 'Virgin Recommends' sign," Sir Richard Branson said.
Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
Khorasan: Muhsin al-Fadhli - the man leading a terror group more feared by US officials than Isis
'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
Alicia Keys leaks own nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
£60000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client in the Financial...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chester: Job Opportunities for Cover Supervisor...
£85 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Chester: Job Opportunity for Secondary ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chester: Primary Tutoring in Cheshire West &...