Virgin berated for plugging Hitler's book
Virgin Megastore has come under fire after one of its Qatar stores promoted an Arabic version of Hitler's Mein Kampf as one of its recommended reads.
The shop in Doha removed the book from its "Virgin Recommends" shelf after an expatriate, Charles Gandelman, circulated a photo of the display on Twitter. "I have seen this book on sale before but to have it in the recommended section of an international British brand associated with Richard Branson is surprising," he told The National paper.
"As soon as we found out last week, we contacted the local management and asked them to remove the books from under the 'Virgin Recommends' sign," Sir Richard Branson said.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber reach almost £154,000 on eBay
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...