Wave of car bombings kills 14 in Baghdad
Wednesday 25 January 2012
Fourteen people were killed and more than 75 injured in car bombings across Baghdad yesterday, as violence surged in Iraq a month after the last US soldiers left the country. The first attack targeted a gathering of day labourers in Sadr City. Police said eight were killed and 21 wounded.
Minutes later, a car blew up near a pastry shop in the same district, killing three people and injuring 26.
Later in the morning, two more cars laden with explosives detonated, killing three people and wounding 29.
Hopes raised for treatment of severe amnesia after scientists retrieve lost memory – using light
Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
Poorest part of London is wealthier than the richest parts of Northern Ireland and Wales
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
How to live to be really old
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 3 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
£25000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's leading...
Flexible working, annual bonus, pension & more.: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the oppor...
Competitive salary & benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the opportunity? MBDA has e...
Competitive salary & benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the opportunity?MBDA has en...