Wave of car bombings kills 14 in Baghdad
Wednesday 25 January 2012
Fourteen people were killed and more than 75 injured in car bombings across Baghdad yesterday, as violence surged in Iraq a month after the last US soldiers left the country. The first attack targeted a gathering of day labourers in Sadr City. Police said eight were killed and 21 wounded.
Minutes later, a car blew up near a pastry shop in the same district, killing three people and injuring 26.
Later in the morning, two more cars laden with explosives detonated, killing three people and wounding 29.
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
£30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable software house is looking ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established professional services...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - SENIOR COMMERCIAL LITIGATION SO...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...