West Bank: Palestinians detain Israeli settlers over attacks
Tuesday 07 January 2014
Palestinians held more than a dozen Israeli settlers for about two hours in retaliation for the latest in a string of settler attacks on villages in the area.
Human rights groups have reported an increase in attacks by militant settlers on Palestinians and their property in recent years. But today’s incident appeared to mark the first time settlers were detained.
Palestinians involved in the incident said they notified Palestinian police and the Israeli military after detaining the settlers.
An Associated Press photographer said about 200 Palestinians had gathered by the time the troops arrived. People kicked and spat at the settlers as they emerged from the building under construction where they had been held, he said.
Heroin to be prescribed to Canadian addicts by doctors
Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
Charing Cross fire: Station closed and 100 evacuated over blaze on train
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
Revealed: the case against Bill Cosby – through the stories of his accusers
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: You will be joining a long-established, renown...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The key requirements of the rol...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This south Warwickshire based s...
Competitive + bonus: Selby Jennings: My client, a growing European CIB are loo...