West Bank: Palestinians detain Israeli settlers over attacks
Tuesday 07 January 2014
Palestinians held more than a dozen Israeli settlers for about two hours in retaliation for the latest in a string of settler attacks on villages in the area.
Human rights groups have reported an increase in attacks by militant settlers on Palestinians and their property in recent years. But today’s incident appeared to mark the first time settlers were detained.
Palestinians involved in the incident said they notified Palestinian police and the Israeli military after detaining the settlers.
An Associated Press photographer said about 200 Palestinians had gathered by the time the troops arrived. People kicked and spat at the settlers as they emerged from the building under construction where they had been held, he said.
The City of the Monkey God: Archaeologists claim to have found city lost for 1,000 years in remote Honduran jungle
Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
London property boom built on dirty money
Becky Watts: Stepbrother and his girlfriend named locally as two arrested on suspicion of murder
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...
£45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and reputable Not for Profit o...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Ledger & Credit Control...
£16000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Administrator is requ...