Yemen: Seized Iranian ship carried weapons
Thursday 07 February 2013
A ship seized by Yemeni authorities last month was carrying Iranian-made weapons, including material for bombs, explosives, rockets, surface-to-air missiles, rocket-propelled grenades and large amounts of ammunition.
Yemen's Defence Ministry described the contents of the ship seized in territorial waters as containing "large, diverse and dangerous" weapons. Also found on the vessel were night-vision binoculars, remote devices, circuits, wires and rifle silencers.
The US State Department spokeswoman, Victoria Nuland, said the haul was "obviously extremely troubling" last night.
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£12000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Operations Leader is required to join a lea...