MILLENNIUM CORNER: 21 DAYS TO GO
Saturday 11 December 1999
Sami Nuseiri, president of the Professional Computer Association, said: "This is a very dangerous action that could bring the whole country to a halt. Intel is not on the blacklist. A decision to place it there should be taken only by the Council of Ministers, not by Customs."
Urgent orders, destined for banks and government offices, have been stuck at borders since Customs officials decided that bringing in Intel products violated a law banning goods made by firms with a presence in Israel.
Hakam Brome, head of distribution for a companysaid: "Lebanon says it wants to enter the third millennium. It is returning to the first." He said 500 motherboards he ordered, many to fulfil government tenders, were stuck at the airport. "I went to the Israeli Boycott Office which said the Arab League took a decision to ban Intel 25 years ago. But we have been importing Intel for years," he said.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...
£22000 - £38000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...