NZ lambs suffer carnage in snow
Saturday 29 August 1992
Lambing has just begun in the country districts as the southern hemisphere winter ends. Kevin Harmer, a district councillor on South Island, described stock losses as 'horrific'. Agricultural companies on the New Zealand Stock Exchange were affected by the weather, their prices dipping along with the thermometer.
All rural schools and most urban schools remained closed yesterday.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Housing double whammy: A whole generation ‘won’t be able to buy or rent a home’
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + 28 Days Holiday: Harrington Starr: Java Server Dev...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Are you looking for a VAT Ad...
£60000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Java Developme...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Due to considerable growth w...