Party to back Deng's reforms
Wednesday 23 September 1992
Analysts say the congress is expected to endorse the dramatic economic reforms of Deng Xiaoping, the 88-year-old leader. Xinhua tipped a new, younger look for China's leadership after the congress, which will elect the new central committee.
The central committee sets the Communist Party's course between congresses. The congress is the broadest-based policymaking body.
The news agency said the congress would give a ringing endorsement to reform.
It would 'mobilise the whole party members and the people of all nationalities throughout the country to further emancipate their minds and seize the opportune moment to accelerate the pace of reform, opening to the outside world and modernisation to win still greater victories in the cause of building socialism with Chinese characteristics.'
The latter phrase is Deng's codeword for the use of capitalist- style methods to maintain the party's rule.
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...