Phone-tap shows Italy taking sides in Albania
In the conversation, a wiretap transcript of which was published by an Albanian newspaper and since broadcast on Italian television, Mr Foresti is heard urging the Democratic Party to sabotage an electoral accord brokered by the former Austrian Chancellor, Franz Vranitzky, and allow Italy to take over the mediation role instead.
The tape shows Mr Foresti clearly supporting the Mr Berisha's Democratic Party, despite Italy's policy of scrupulous impartiality in Albanian politics, and boasting that as far as the opposition is concerned, "we will crush them all". Andrew Gumbel
Letters, page 19
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Charles Saatchi accepts caution for assault over incident in Scott’s restaurant when he put his hands on throat of wife Nigella Lawson
Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
Police examine photographs of Charles Saatchi with hand on Nigella Lawson's throat
Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Charles Saatchi accepts caution for assault over incident in Scott’s restaurant when he put his hands on throat of wife Nigella Lawson
- 3 Anatomy of a waiter: Service staff spill the secrets of their trade
- 4 Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for another 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
£32000 - £33000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
Excellent Salary Package: Austen Lloyd: We have an outstanding opportunity for...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Room Leader NVQ Level ...