PM tells people to 'grow up'
Wednesday 31 August 1994
Sir Julius, who served as prime minister between 1980 and 1982, said people were becoming disenchanted with the political instability, which had seen almost half its prime ministers gain power through no-confidence votes. 'It's time we grew up,' he told parliament. 'There is no benign colonial master standing behind our right shoulder anymore, telling us what to do.'
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
£500 - £525 per day: Harrington Starr: Business Intelligence Consultant/Develo...
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Charter Selection: High end/luxury residential fit ...
£150 - £250 per annum: PCR Recruitment Limited: West London based Broadcaster ...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Stuck In A Rut? ...