Cameron gets through to Obama - but only for five minutes
During a five-minute phone call yesterday David Cameron congratulated Barack Obama on his re-election, before swiftly getting back to business at hand, with the two pledging to work together on a range of international issues.
They discussed the situation in Syria, the transition to democracy in Libya and proposals for a new EU/US free trade agreement. Afterwards Downing Street said both men agreed to have further talks in the coming weeks. In an interview yesterday the outgoing US Ambassador to London, Louis Susman, said relations between the two men had never been better. "It is an exceedingly close relationship," he said. "I would say most of the time the first call he will make on any issue, will be to Cameron and vice versa."
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...