Cameron gets through to Obama - but only for five minutes
During a five-minute phone call yesterday David Cameron congratulated Barack Obama on his re-election, before swiftly getting back to business at hand, with the two pledging to work together on a range of international issues.
They discussed the situation in Syria, the transition to democracy in Libya and proposals for a new EU/US free trade agreement. Afterwards Downing Street said both men agreed to have further talks in the coming weeks. In an interview yesterday the outgoing US Ambassador to London, Louis Susman, said relations between the two men had never been better. "It is an exceedingly close relationship," he said. "I would say most of the time the first call he will make on any issue, will be to Cameron and vice versa."
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Software E...
£45000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Java In...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Senior ...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Adobe F...