Putin promises bright future for Russian spies after US swap
Russia's Prime Minister, Vladimir Putin, said yesterday that he had met Russian spies swapped in an exchange with the US earlier this month, and promised them a bright future in Russia.
Mr Putin did not say where he met the spies, but said they sang Soviet songs together and he told them he admired what they did.
"As far as those people are concerned – every one of them had a tough life," he said. "First was to master a foreign language as your own. Think and speak it, and do what are you told to do for the interest of your motherland for many years without counting on diplomatic immunity."
The 10 spies pleaded guilty to being agents for Russia while living undercover in the US in one of the biggest spy scandals since the Cold War.
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...