Up for the cups – West Africa wants your bras
Monday 02 April 2012
Oxfam launched the 'Big Bra Hunt' at London's Spitalfields market yesterday, starting a month-long campaign to increase unwanted bra donations. Some will be sold in Oxfam's UK shops, but many will be sent to its ethical second-hand clothing project in Senegal, Frip Ethique, where they fetch high prices and help give employment to disadvantaged women.
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.