Presidents pledge extra effort in Bosnia
Thursday 07 August 1997
The United States government wants to see the Dayton peace agreement implemented before its troops' scheduled departure from Bosnia in the spring of 1998. Richard Holbrooke, the architect of the 1995 accord, and Robert Gelbard, US special envoy for the former Yugoslavia, also came to Split to push for progress. Croatia has come under increasing international pressure for failing to ensure that Bosnian Croats abide with the Dayton accord. AP - Split
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
news Opponents claim it would stop performers such as Beyonce and Madonna appearing on TV
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
food + drink
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: QA .NET Agile UNIX LIN...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET SQL Develop...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET SQL Developer (Software Developer, Softw...
£500 - £650 per day: Harrington Starr: Excellent opportunity for Murex Subject...