Racist 'bragged' about murder
Wednesday 02 February 1994
According to Mary Ann Adams, when Beckwith was introduced to her as Evers' killer, he had said it wasn't a man he killed, 'it was a damn chicken-stealing dog, and you know what you have to do to a dog after he's tasted blood.'
Daniel Prince, a tenant of Mr Beckwith in Tennessee in 1986 and 1987, told the jury: 'He said, 'I had a job to do and I did it, and I didn't suffer any more than your wife if she was going to have a baby,' '.
Mr Beckwith was tried twice in 1964 for the murder of Evers, but both ended in hung juries.
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...