Russia delays Georgia pull-out
Friday 01 August 1997
Vardiko Nadibaidze was due to Russian Defence Minister Igor Sergeyev and Armed Forces Chief of Staff Anatoly Kvashnin in Moscow
The mandate for the 1,500-strong force stationed between Georgia and its breakaway region of Abkhazia expired yesterday. Observers fear their withdrawal could reignite the 1992-93 separatist war which killed 10,000 people. Reuters - Tbilisi
- 1 Reader dilemma: 'My boyfriend jokes about putting photos of us having sex on Facebook'
- 2 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 3 37-year-old black woman found dead in police custody
- 4 Kanye West praises Caitlyn Jenner on I Am Cait: 'You couldn't have been up against more'
- 5 Five-year-old boy forced classmate to simulate oral sex at primary school, claims mother
Mystery over deaths of 3,000 Napoleonic soldiers in mass grave has been solved
Global Peace Index: Ukraine tops list of countries with the worst relations with neighbours
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, 71, still enjoys 'an early morning joint' for breakfast
Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
£15000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An excellent Sales Executive an...
£18000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Does this sound like you? - Fri...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an indepe...
£18000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...