Saddam's time's up'
Monday 11 September 1995
Washington - The defector son-in-law of President Saddam Hussein of Iraq said the opposition within the country was ready to overthrew the regime, Time reported. Hussein Kamel Hassan said: "Everybody is now ready [to depose Saddam] ... The catalyst will be for the people to join the army in taking the initiative." Re
Revealed: Stunning new images show gold-plated, ultra-luxurious Riyadh metro station that Saudi king has ordered to be built
World news in pictures
Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
Oklahoma tornado latest: Rescue effort nears an end after President Obama pledges support for 'as long as it takes' to rebuild the suburb of Moore
Video emerges of Pope Francis reportedly performing an exorcism
- 1 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 2 Swedes set up 'ultimate Viking movie'
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 China agrees to impose carbon targets by 2016
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Negotiable: Randstad Education Reading: We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Reading: Secondary supply teaching jobs in Read...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Reading: Secondary supply teaching jobs in Slou...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Reading: Randstad Education are looking for a e...