Six hurt as Somali gunmen attack UN convoy
Monday 23 August 1993
The attack happened on the road to Mogadishu port as about 3,000 Somalis demonstrated near by, shouting their support for Gen Aideed and cursing American troops. Gen Aideed had earlier issued a statement saying that the crisis between Somalis and UN peace-keepers was getting worse every day and urging the former US president Jimmy Carter to mediate.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£29999 - £35001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 10 firm in L...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This leading Top 10 practice...
£45000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - C...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Working in conjunction with ...