The Queen ousted from Kiwi note
Tuesday 07 July 1992
The dollars 5 ( pounds 1.45) bill, the lowest value paper note in circulation, has dropped the Queen in favour of the mountaineer and explorer Sir Edmund Hillary, 72, who with Sherpa Tensing in 1953 became the first climber to scale Everest.
Last year the Reserve Bank Governor, Don Brash, called for new designs, and ruled out the image of the Queen.
Marvel has released the first teaser trailer a week early after it leaked online
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years
Ottawa shooting: Canadian soldier dies after being shot at National War Memorial – with one gunman killed inside parliament
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Isis releases first video showing the stoning of woman accused of committing adultery as her father shouts 'don't call me Dad'
Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
Diwali 2014: What is the festival of lights and how is it celebrated around the world?
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
£120 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Luton: The Job:TEACHERS REQUIREDWe are...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education are currently...
£60 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Special Needs Teaching Assistant ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education is urgently recruiting...