The Whitaker's Quiz of the Year: Round 3 - Art and Theatre
Monday 23 December 2013
1. Which musical broke single-day sales records in March, taking more than £2m in less than 14 hours?
2. Name the Walthamstow-based gallery that won the Art Fund prize for museums and galleries in 2013.
3. Who starred as “Billy” in Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan in June?
4. Name the Scandinavian character played by Sheridan Smith at the Old Vic.
5. Which production won best new play at the 2013 Laurence Olivier Awards?
6. Which cities from classical antiquity were featured in an exhibition by the British Museum?
7. In which Harold Pinter play did Kristin Scott-Thomas star?
8. Which painting by John Constable was defaced by a fathers4justice activist in June?
9. A piece of street art by Banksy on a London wall was stolen and reappeared at auction in Miami in February; which London borough was the piece taken from?
10. A 7 per cent Government funding cut was announced by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport in June. How much was the funding cut for Arts Council England and the national museums?
a) 10 per cent
b) 6 per cent
c) 5 per cent
11. Who played the title role in a performance of Macbeth (which ran in early 2013), set in a dystopian, independent Scotland?
12. Which famous fashion house will be funding the restoration of Marie Antoinette’s Versailles home?
13. Which political play focused on the iconic “tank man” image of Tiananmen Square?
The events of Tiananmen Square inspired which play?
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 BBC’s new Game of Thrones slayer 'The Last Kingdom' relies on Saxon appeal, creators say
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
Jennifer Lawrence face palms Emma Watson at Christian Dior show in Paris
Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2014: Briton critically injured in San Fermin festival
Israel's deadliest Gaza air strikes yet kill five children from same family as Palestinian rocket barrage continues
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
To £55kpa (12 Month Contract): Charter Selection: Major household name charity...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Linux Systems Administrator - UNI...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Systems Administrator - Orac...