The Whitaker's Quiz of the Year: Round 3 - Art and Theatre
Monday 23 December 2013
1. Which musical broke single-day sales records in March, taking more than £2m in less than 14 hours?
2. Name the Walthamstow-based gallery that won the Art Fund prize for museums and galleries in 2013.
3. Who starred as “Billy” in Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan in June?
4. Name the Scandinavian character played by Sheridan Smith at the Old Vic.
5. Which production won best new play at the 2013 Laurence Olivier Awards?
6. Which cities from classical antiquity were featured in an exhibition by the British Museum?
7. In which Harold Pinter play did Kristin Scott-Thomas star?
8. Which painting by John Constable was defaced by a fathers4justice activist in June?
9. A piece of street art by Banksy on a London wall was stolen and reappeared at auction in Miami in February; which London borough was the piece taken from?
10. A 7 per cent Government funding cut was announced by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport in June. How much was the funding cut for Arts Council England and the national museums?
a) 10 per cent
b) 6 per cent
c) 5 per cent
11. Who played the title role in a performance of Macbeth (which ran in early 2013), set in a dystopian, independent Scotland?
12. Which famous fashion house will be funding the restoration of Marie Antoinette’s Versailles home?
13. Which political play focused on the iconic “tank man” image of Tiananmen Square?
The events of Tiananmen Square inspired which play?
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
California teacher appears to have hanged herself in her classroom
The City of the Monkey God: Archaeologists claim to have found city lost for 1,000 years in remote Honduran jungle
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
Bubonic plague-carrying fleas found on New York City rats
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful candidate will h...
£7800 - £13455 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A career opportunity has become ...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...