The Whitaker's Quiz of the Year: Round 3 - Art and Theatre
Monday 23 December 2013
1. Which musical broke single-day sales records in March, taking more than £2m in less than 14 hours?
2. Name the Walthamstow-based gallery that won the Art Fund prize for museums and galleries in 2013.
3. Who starred as “Billy” in Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan in June?
4. Name the Scandinavian character played by Sheridan Smith at the Old Vic.
5. Which production won best new play at the 2013 Laurence Olivier Awards?
6. Which cities from classical antiquity were featured in an exhibition by the British Museum?
7. In which Harold Pinter play did Kristin Scott-Thomas star?
8. Which painting by John Constable was defaced by a fathers4justice activist in June?
9. A piece of street art by Banksy on a London wall was stolen and reappeared at auction in Miami in February; which London borough was the piece taken from?
10. A 7 per cent Government funding cut was announced by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport in June. How much was the funding cut for Arts Council England and the national museums?
a) 10 per cent
b) 6 per cent
c) 5 per cent
11. Who played the title role in a performance of Macbeth (which ran in early 2013), set in a dystopian, independent Scotland?
12. Which famous fashion house will be funding the restoration of Marie Antoinette’s Versailles home?
13. Which political play focused on the iconic “tank man” image of Tiananmen Square?
The events of Tiananmen Square inspired which play?
- 1 School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 3 Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who left house after argument with her parents
- 5 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who left house after argument with her parents
Alton Towers crash: Four guests seriously injured as Smiler ride carriages collide
Charles Kennedy dead: A guy once asked the Lib Dem leader who his favourite Muppet was and his letter response was wonderful
Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
£40000 - £47000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A 3rd Line Virtualisation / Sto...
£26000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A successful national service f...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£17500 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We currently require an experie...