The Whitaker's Quiz of the Year: Round 3 - Art and Theatre
Monday 23 December 2013
1. Which musical broke single-day sales records in March, taking more than £2m in less than 14 hours?
2. Name the Walthamstow-based gallery that won the Art Fund prize for museums and galleries in 2013.
3. Who starred as “Billy” in Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan in June?
4. Name the Scandinavian character played by Sheridan Smith at the Old Vic.
5. Which production won best new play at the 2013 Laurence Olivier Awards?
6. Which cities from classical antiquity were featured in an exhibition by the British Museum?
7. In which Harold Pinter play did Kristin Scott-Thomas star?
8. Which painting by John Constable was defaced by a fathers4justice activist in June?
9. A piece of street art by Banksy on a London wall was stolen and reappeared at auction in Miami in February; which London borough was the piece taken from?
10. A 7 per cent Government funding cut was announced by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport in June. How much was the funding cut for Arts Council England and the national museums?
a) 10 per cent
b) 6 per cent
c) 5 per cent
11. Who played the title role in a performance of Macbeth (which ran in early 2013), set in a dystopian, independent Scotland?
12. Which famous fashion house will be funding the restoration of Marie Antoinette’s Versailles home?
13. Which political play focused on the iconic “tank man” image of Tiananmen Square?
The events of Tiananmen Square inspired which play?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...