Trillion $ budget
Wednesday 20 March 1996
Washington - President Clinton yesterday presented a $1.64 trillion (pounds 1.01 trillion) budget for fiscal 1997, containing proposals for modest middle- class tax cuts and restraints on federal health-care programmes on which he will fight the autumn election, Rupert Cornwell writes. Republicans dismissed the plan, however, saying it would not balance the budget by the target date of 2002.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...