TWO CROATIAN WOMEN
Saturday 18 February 1995
In Sarajevo, United Nations officials gave a pessimistic view of fighting in the enclave, saying it could spill into Croatia and trigger a wider war as the big powers try to persuade Serbia to back a peace plan. They also said that Croatia's planned expulsion of UN peace-keeping troops posed the danger of an all-out war between Croatia and its rebel Serbs, which could spread to Bosnia.
"The risks are very substantial of an overspill," a spokesman said: "The whole Bihac crisis has given us a foretaste, and an ugly foretaste, of what could happen". Photograph: Darko Bandic/AP
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...