Waigel says he's tired of Germany's economy
Thursday 21 August 1997
His ministry and party played down the comments, saying he had never specified the date of his resignation. But the confession that he was tired of taking the heat for Germany's economic problems was a damper for Chancellor Helmut Kohl, who is seeking re-election next year. Mr Waigel, a loyal ally, has had the post since 1989. AP - Bonn
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 3 Mers outbreak: Manchester Royal Infirmary A&E closes over suspected cases
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: £20000 - £25000 per annum + c...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a number ...
£15000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you want to work for an exci...