Win this all-British beauty
a TVR Cerbera worth £37,000 with THE INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY
Sunday 12 February 1995
Equally at home around town or burning up the kilometres on a continental motorway the £37,000 Cerbera brings style and raw excitement back to motoring.
As motoring writer Roger Bell explains on this page, the Cerbera is exceptionally powerful. So, to ensure that you can handle your prize car with confidence, TVR will arrange a full day's instruction at a race track as well as a visit to its Blackpool factory.
To be in with a chance of owning this superb car, simply collect 12 differently numbered Tokens from The Independent and The Independent On Sunday. Today we print Token Seven and Token Eight will appear in tomorrow's paper.
Stick with The Independent and the car in your drive could soon be the torque of the town.
Genesis of a supercar
TVR comes of age with the launch of the Cerbera, writes Roger Bell. Out goes the old Land Rover engine, strong on muscle but low in credibility. In comes TVR's new pedigree powerhouse, the Blackpool specialist's ticket to the image-conscious supercar set. Watch out Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche and Lotus: there's a classy new kid on the block.
Off-the-shelf proprietary engines, most of Ford and Rover manufacture, have served TVR well since it was formed in the early Fifties by Trevor (hence TVR) Wilkinson. The Rover-propelled Griffiths will outsprint a Ferrari Testarossa costing more than four times as much. Raw power wasn't enough, though, for the company's present inspired owner, car freak Peter Wheeler. He wanted TVR to join the aristocratic elite with its own unique, race-bred engine.
After years of painstaking development, that dream has been fulfilled with the radical new engine that powers the Cerbera (pronounced sir-burr- uh). Wheeler race tested it himself in last year's Tuscan championship.
Designer Al Melling drew on Formula One technology to create a real blockbuster - 4.2 litres, eight cylinders, 350 horsepower... and that's just the `cooking' version. There's a more powerful 4.5 to come. Tuned for racing - TVR plans to enter a Cerbera in the Le Mans 24-hour classic - the big V8 is good for over 500hp.
TVRs are not for the timid or faint hearted. They are rumbustious cars, bred to excite and intrigue, not merely to get you there. Even the 'family' Cerbera, which has a stretched wheelbase, toddler rear seats and the civility of fixedhead bodywork, is formidably fast - and looks it. Styling that's elegantly muscular is typcial of Wheeler's TVRs. So is the cockpit, as lush as it's wacky. Anyone intimidated by power and performanance should look elsewhere for kicks.
WIN A TVR CERBERA TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Each day from 5 February to 21 February 1995, a TVR Cerbera token will be printed in The Independent/Independent on Sunday. The tokens will be printed in a numbered sequence, together with details of how to participate in the competition.
2. At the end of the promotion, 12 differently numbered tokens, at least one of which must have come from The Independent on Sunday,, must be sent with a completed entry form to: Win a TVR Cerbera, The Independent , PO Box 250, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1TU.
3. The closing date for entries is February 28 1995 and the results will be published later that week. The prize is as stated and is available from August/September 1995.
4. Employees and agents of Newspaper Publishing plc or those of any other national newspaper company or of any other newspaper company associated with Newspaper Publishing plc or any other firm connected with the promotion are not eligible to take part, neither are their relatives nor members of their families or households. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
5. There is a limit of one entry per household. To be valid, each entry must contain 12 differently numbered tokens, at least one of which must have come from The Independent on Sunday, and a completed entry form.
6. Only original tokens will be considered valid. Photocopies are not acceptable.
7. For previously published tokens send a S.A.E. to: The Independent TVR Cerbera Token Request, PO Box 3, Park Street, Chatteris, Cambs, PE16 6SB. State the number(s) of the token(s) required. Only 4 tokens per application.
8. The promoter reserves the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry or competitor, nominee, add to, or waive any rules.
9. No correspondence will be entered into. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter will not take responsibility for entries lost or damaged in the post.
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
Mia Khalifa: Pornhub star claims Drake sent her 'cringeworthy' naked photos on Instagram
Boris Johnson claims porn-obsessed Islamic jihadists are 'literally w*****s'
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Putin opponent reveals Russian President's daughter's secret identity
Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - HIGHEST QUALITY INTERNATIONAL FIRM - A...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - EXCELLENT FIRM - We have an outstandin...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: IN-HOUSE - NATIONAL CHARITY - An exciting and...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: EXETER - A great new opportunity with real pot...