Win this all-British beauty
a TVR Cerbera worth £37,000 with THE INDEPENDENT
Wednesday 15 February 1995
Equally at home around town or burning up the kilometres on a continental motorway the £37,000 Cerbera brings style and raw excitement back to motoring. And to ensure that you can handle your prize car with confidence, TVR will arrange a full day's instruction at a race track as well as a visit to its Blackpool factory.
Here TVR has turned out a succession of sleek, handcrafted sports cars that are a byword for excellence. Now comes the Cerbera, perhaps their finest yet.
The specifications speak for themselves. Powered by the unique 4.2 litre AJP8 alloy engine, the Cerbera develops 350bhp, 320ft.lbs of torque and, in the words of Carweek's Brett Fraser, "has enough wallop to smoke the tyres in the first three gears".
The interior oozes style, with hand-tailored full hide trim, walnut dashboard and state of the art instrument layout.
The low, sleek doors are surprisingly large and offer much easier access to the rear seats than is usual in a 2+2.
To ensure that the elegant curves remain unbroken, the Cerbera has no door handles. Instead, you simply press a touch pad in the door to make it open. When you operate this ingenious device, the one-piece frameless windows drop slightly, breaking the vacuum between glass and door seal so that the door is easier to open.
The Cerbera is as rare as it is refined: production currently stands at six a week, though that figure may well soon double. Nonetheless, this motoring masterpiece is guaranteed to turn heads wherever you go.
To ensure that your Cerbera reflects your mood and style, you will be invited to visit TVR's impressive Blackpool factory to see how this classic car is assembled. You will be able to choose, from a truly mind-boggling range, the exterior and interior colours. Then, to ensure you get the maximum enjoyment from your car, you will spend a day on a race circuit at a TVR Performance Technique Driving Day.
Here you can put your Cerbera through its remarkable paces and learn how to handle its power with safety and confidence.
But the excitement doesn't end there. You will also be the guest of TVR at at the Tuscans race where, as well as watching as a VIP, you will recieve a full day's hospitality including a visit to the pits and paddock.
To be in with a chance of owning this superb car, simply collect 12 differently numbered Tokens from The Independent and The Independent On Sunday. Today we print Token Ten and Token Eleven will appear in tomorrow's paper. On Friday we will print the entry form.
Stick with The Independent and the car in your drive could soon be the torque of the town.
1. Each day from 5 February to 21 February 1995, a TVR Cerbera token will be printed in The Independent/Independent on Sunday. The tokens will be printed in a numbered sequence, together with details of how to participate in the competition.
2. At the end of the promotion, 12 differently numbered tokens, at least one of which must have come from The Independent on Sunday,, must be sent with a completed entry form to: Win a TVR Cerbera, The Independent , PO Box 250, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1TU.
3. The closing date for entries is February 28 1995 and the results will be published later that week. The prize is as stated and is available from August/September 1995.
4. Employees and agents of Newspaper Publishing plc or those of any other national newspaper company or of any other newspaper company associated with Newspaper Publishing plc or any other firm connected with the promotion are not eligible to take part, neither are their relatives nor members of their families or households. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
5. There is a limit of one entry per household. To be valid, each entry must contain 12 differently numbered tokens, at least one of which must have come from The Independent on Sunday, and a completed entry form.
6. Only original tokens will be considered valid. Photocopies are not acceptable.
7. For previously published tokens send a S.A.E. to: The Independent TVR Cerbera Token Request, PO Box 3, Park Street, Chatteris, Cambs, PE16 6SB. State the number(s) of the token(s) required. Only 4 tokens per application.
8. The promoter reserves the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry or competitor, nominee, add to, or waive any rules.
9. No correspondence will be entered into. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter will not take responsibility for entries lost or damaged in the post.
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Manager for Cyber Secur...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Service Desk Analyst (App...
£35000 per annum + Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: 3rd Line Support Engine...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...