Win this all-British beauty
a TVR Cerbera worth £37,000 with THE INDEPENDENT
Wednesday 15 February 1995
Equally at home around town or burning up the kilometres on a continental motorway the £37,000 Cerbera brings style and raw excitement back to motoring. And to ensure that you can handle your prize car with confidence, TVR will arrange a full day's instruction at a race track as well as a visit to its Blackpool factory.
Here TVR has turned out a succession of sleek, handcrafted sports cars that are a byword for excellence. Now comes the Cerbera, perhaps their finest yet.
The specifications speak for themselves. Powered by the unique 4.2 litre AJP8 alloy engine, the Cerbera develops 350bhp, 320ft.lbs of torque and, in the words of Carweek's Brett Fraser, "has enough wallop to smoke the tyres in the first three gears".
The interior oozes style, with hand-tailored full hide trim, walnut dashboard and state of the art instrument layout.
The low, sleek doors are surprisingly large and offer much easier access to the rear seats than is usual in a 2+2.
To ensure that the elegant curves remain unbroken, the Cerbera has no door handles. Instead, you simply press a touch pad in the door to make it open. When you operate this ingenious device, the one-piece frameless windows drop slightly, breaking the vacuum between glass and door seal so that the door is easier to open.
The Cerbera is as rare as it is refined: production currently stands at six a week, though that figure may well soon double. Nonetheless, this motoring masterpiece is guaranteed to turn heads wherever you go.
To ensure that your Cerbera reflects your mood and style, you will be invited to visit TVR's impressive Blackpool factory to see how this classic car is assembled. You will be able to choose, from a truly mind-boggling range, the exterior and interior colours. Then, to ensure you get the maximum enjoyment from your car, you will spend a day on a race circuit at a TVR Performance Technique Driving Day.
Here you can put your Cerbera through its remarkable paces and learn how to handle its power with safety and confidence.
But the excitement doesn't end there. You will also be the guest of TVR at at the Tuscans race where, as well as watching as a VIP, you will recieve a full day's hospitality including a visit to the pits and paddock.
To be in with a chance of owning this superb car, simply collect 12 differently numbered Tokens from The Independent and The Independent On Sunday. Today we print Token Ten and Token Eleven will appear in tomorrow's paper. On Friday we will print the entry form.
Stick with The Independent and the car in your drive could soon be the torque of the town.
1. Each day from 5 February to 21 February 1995, a TVR Cerbera token will be printed in The Independent/Independent on Sunday. The tokens will be printed in a numbered sequence, together with details of how to participate in the competition.
2. At the end of the promotion, 12 differently numbered tokens, at least one of which must have come from The Independent on Sunday,, must be sent with a completed entry form to: Win a TVR Cerbera, The Independent , PO Box 250, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1TU.
3. The closing date for entries is February 28 1995 and the results will be published later that week. The prize is as stated and is available from August/September 1995.
4. Employees and agents of Newspaper Publishing plc or those of any other national newspaper company or of any other newspaper company associated with Newspaper Publishing plc or any other firm connected with the promotion are not eligible to take part, neither are their relatives nor members of their families or households. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
5. There is a limit of one entry per household. To be valid, each entry must contain 12 differently numbered tokens, at least one of which must have come from The Independent on Sunday, and a completed entry form.
6. Only original tokens will be considered valid. Photocopies are not acceptable.
7. For previously published tokens send a S.A.E. to: The Independent TVR Cerbera Token Request, PO Box 3, Park Street, Chatteris, Cambs, PE16 6SB. State the number(s) of the token(s) required. Only 4 tokens per application.
8. The promoter reserves the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry or competitor, nominee, add to, or waive any rules.
9. No correspondence will be entered into. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter will not take responsibility for entries lost or damaged in the post.
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again, say analysts
Follow the latest updates from the Monday night Premier League fixture
Met Police confirm there was a 'minor disturbance' and no-one was arrested
George Lucas criticises the major Hollywood film studios
Does Chris Grayling realise what a vague concept he is dealing with?
Trend which requires crisps, a fork and a strong stomach is sweeping Mexico's streets
Concerns raised phenomenon is threatening resort's image as a family destination
I Am Bread could actually be a challenging and nuanced title
Peter Biaksangzuala died from his injuries in hospital on Sunday
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Lynda Bellingham dead: Loose Women presenter dies after battle with colon cancer
Sophia Loren: How I rejected Cary Grant and 'pulverised' Marlon Brando with my eyes
Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
'Russian submarine spotted' by Swedish military off coast of Stockholm
Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
Oscar Pistorius sentence: Athlete's wealth and notoriety provoke an overdue debate on South African prisons
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
£80 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Year 5 Teacher KS2 teaching job...
£35000 - £45000 Per Annum Pensions Scheme After 6 Months: Clearwater People So...
£35000 - £37000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Analyst / Busines...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Senior Change ...