Yeltsin `looks strong' in navy deal
Friday 25 October 1996
President Leonid Kuchma of Ukraine said Mr Yeltsin had cut a "strong, powerful" figure during the meeting. "I saw the real Boris Yeltsin - a strong powerful person who knows what he wants," Mr Kuchma said. The two leaders met at the Barvikha sanatorium near Moscow where Mr Yeltsin, 65, is preparing for his operation. Moscow - Reuter
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
Deadly ice storm pushes up US east coast as temperatures drop to -29C
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior A...
£29999 - £40001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A top independent...
£22000 - £26000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...