Sunday 03 March 1996
Quebec House, Westerholm, Kent: the home of General Wolfe, killed in the decisive battle of Quebec on the Plains of Abraham in 1759. The current rent is pounds 5,000 a year. Last year, 200 people applied for the tenancy, which was given to a retired retired museum director and his wife. Open two afternoons a week between April and October.
Lamb House, East Sussex: where Henry James lived between 1898 and 1916. The initial rent is pounds 11,000 a year for a 10-year lease with a 30 per cent rebate if the property is well maintained. Open Wednesday and Saturday afternoons, April to October.
2 Willow Rood, Hampstead, London NW3: the creation of Erno Goldfinger, celebrated Modern Movement architect. The two-to-three bedroomed flat has a rent set at pounds 325 a week. It is open three days a week.
Life & Style blogs
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An On-line Sales & Customer Ser...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the largest hospitality companies...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As a result of significant cont...
£16575 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An excellent opportunity is ava...